Thread: Devils Advocate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SEC Member

Re: Devils Advocate

I think I understand where Rob's coming from, not because of anything said here, but what was written in the TKC article. There was a large chunk of how good the Hawk is, and another section on Accidents I Nearly Had, which I thought were a bit out of place in an article ostensibly about Lister Bell. It didn't help that it was badly written and came across as somewhat disparaging to Rob and his car, and I'd have been a bit pi$$ed off too if it'd been me.
    I don't think Rob's saying the LB is better than the Hawk or vice versa - I think he just wants some kind of reaction - and he's got it

Good to see how grown up the responses are, though. No backbiting or trying to score points....what a top bunch of guys!

When I built my Allora back in the day, there was a definite "it's not as good as a Transformer" vibe going around from people who didn't know enough and/or hadn't investigated the kits properly. I remember being at a Lancia Motor Club do in Wales and getting compliments on the car, and then the question "aren't these Transformer replicas good?" or summat like that got trotted out. When I told them it was a Handmade Allora there was the sound of jaws hitting the floor, and the response was, I kid you not, "but I thought they were supposed to be shit!".....hey ho.

That sort of thing was one of the reasons I sold it - I got fed up of people telling me it wasn't supposed to be any good. The real killer was Steve Greenwood redesigning the chassis when he took over the project, and mine was suddenly...well...a bit shit

These days, Alloras are recognized as good cars in their own right, as they should be. Like I said, we're all a lot more grown-up and nicer people now, and we all know the best Stratos rep is....our own
    Last edited by Normb666; 01-08-2017 at 20:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    Good to see how grown up the responses are, though. No backbiting or trying to score points....what a top bunch of guys!
    Well said Norm.
    I didn't fear any 'meltdown', even with this thread starter.

Touché Norman, I think we are all here as we admire the Original car, concept, and team behind it, and what it achieved, I certainly am. Would have loved an original,but.

As far as unfinished LB's are concerned, there may be one going if I don't get it finished before I finish!!!!! ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.

Robin TM